Search Engine Optimization For Financial Services
SEO can help your financial services organization gain trust and attract new consumers if done correctly via digital marketing. Continue reading to learn more about:
- What is financial services SEO?
- The Advantages of Increasing Organic Visibility
- Financial services have unique SEO issues.
- Keep track of these 10 tips for better SEO KPIs.
SEO services in the financial sector
For the finance and banking industries, an effective SEO campaign is a crucial digital marketing strategy for assisting prospects in finding their websites via search engine results pages. In other terms, financial services business SEO taps into relevant organic searches to assist drive high-quality traffic to your website. To rank, you’ll need to provide valuable content, keep your site safe and secure, and gain valuable backlinks from high-authority websites.
However, as a financial services company, you’re likely to be scrutinized more closely by both visitors and search engines. To ensure that your SEO campaign is up to par, you must go above and beyond. After all, you’re asking the client to commit their fortunes to you.
What are the advantages of bettering your financial services SEO?
Improved organic presence across key queries can help financial services businesses gain a lot of ground. Here are a few of the most important advantages.
A rise in the number of organic visitors to your site is the most direct result of a well-executed business SEO campaign. More visitors will see and click through to your site to read your content as you rank higher for critical keywords.
The more people who visit your site, the more likely they are to become paying clients. Because it relies on attracting actively interested people rather than attempting to capture their attention with paid ads, SEO digital marketing is one of the most effective traffic routes.
More people will become aware of your financial services firm as it appears in more searches. They’ll soon associate your name with being a prominent participant in the financial world. If your on-site content actually provides what they’re seeking for, you’ll build brand credibility over time by portraying yourself as a trustworthy authority through well-executed digital marketing.
What are some of the SEO problems in the financial services industry?
The financial services business has a variety of specific issues when it comes to SEO.
A more competitive environment is emerging.
Fintech and financial services sector development is showing no signs of slowing. As more smaller firms and software-as-a-service providers enter the market, the finance sector is becoming increasingly fragmented.
Gaining organic visibility in this crowded arena necessitates continuously excellent content that properly meets the needs of a well-defined target group and a profesional digital marketing campaign.
Locl SEO has received more attention as a means of generating leads.
In addition, local SEO has shown to be a trustworthy source of high-quality B2B leads. As a result, an increasing number of established companies in the financial services industry are turning to SEO to generate leads.
This means that any company in the industry must work extra hard to gain a competitive advantage and attract the attention of potential clients.
The complexity of the subject is high.
Choosing how to invest your money or which insurance plan to purchase, for example, can be a difficult and stressful process. As a result, in order to effectively meet client needs, financial services content must climb above the level of superficial filler.
Your ability to dive into complex themes that need a strong understanding of the subject matter will be critical to your local SEO success as a financial services provider. Furthermore, you will be expected to describe complex subjects in simple words that your potential clients can comprehend.
Requirements for content quality that are more stringent.
The majority of content related to financial services will fall under the “Your Money Or Your Life” (YMYL) banner. This is information that has the potential to impact a person’s health, safety, happiness, or financial security.
It’s logical. The consequences of choosing the wrong form of health insurance based on inadequate content are far more serious than choosing the wrong coffee maker. As a result, financial services firms are held to a higher standard when it comes to content.
Google will hold YMYL pages to a higher standard of quality, and it is likely that only the best content will be promoted to the top of search engine results pages.
Services in the financial sector SEO done correctly
So, as a financial services company, how do you go about boosting your SEO? Here are ten pointers to help you get started.
1. Examine your present SEO situation
To begin, it is beneficial to comprehend the existing situation of your site’s SEO. This can help you estimate how much effort is required to update existing pages, find new opportunities, and so on.
Manually assessing each part of your site against SEO recommended practices is always an option. However, if you want to save time, you may use an SEO checker tool that does these types of audits automatically and tells you where to focus your efforts.
2. Conduct a content review
The next stage is to do a thorough review of your current website’s content. Examine your important YMYL pages and answer the following questions:
- Are they actually helpful and informative enough?
- Are they up to date (for example, are there any new regulations that haven’t been addressed)?
- Are they well-organized and skimmable (for example, do they employ natural, clear headings)?
- Is it simple to read and comprehend for your intended audience?
- Are their meta titles and descriptions original and interesting (this is what people will see on Google before deciding whether or not to click through to your page)?
- Is there any content on your site that is duplicated?
Fixing current content is frequently a low-effort, high-value exercise, and the easiest approach to boost your site’s search rankings.
3. Conduct a keyword search
After you’ve enhanced your existing pages, you can start looking for fresh content ideas. This is accomplished through keyword research, which can be done with the help of a third-party SEO tool.
- You want to seek for subjects and keywords that:
- Are connected to your main financial services business (e.g., they have a significant monthly search traffic) Users are actively researching
- Your business is capable of dealing with a wide range of issues.
Pay attention to the keyword’s search intent when conducting your study. Are people doing price comparisons? Do they have a strong desire to purchase a specific service? Are they just looking for details on how a particular financial notion works?
This research will help you develop your content strategy and inform the remainder of your SEO approach.
4. Compile a list of competitors
The competitor analysis comes next.
You must know who your primary organic competitors are. These aren’t necessarily your direct competitors in the industry. For example, you might find that a Fintech company is selling a product that competes with one of your service offerings and is showing up in Google searches for related terms.
Examine their content and ask the following questions once you’ve compiled a complete list of your search traffic competitors:
- What are they particularly good at? Where are they falling short?
- In terms of specific topics, how does your content compare to theirs? Is it possible for you to do better?
- Do you see any holes in the content? Are there any long-tail keywords that you can credibly claim the top search position that your competitors don’t address?
5. Provide your users with instructional stuff
Your website will very certainly feature company-specific sections outlining your financial services, pricing, and so on. The secret to true SEO success, though, is to give consumers with in-depth instructive information that isn’t geared toward direct sales.
Finance-related topics might be intimidating to the average person. Many of them will be seeking advice and direction. By assisting your users with their issues, you will simultaneously improve your SEO.
Here are some of the advantages of concentrating on educational content:
- It aids Google’s understanding of and ranking of your site for semantically related searches.
- It establishes you as an expert in the financial services industry.
- Because websites are considerably more likely to link out to helpful instructive information than straight sales pages, you increase your chances of receiving external links.
- You deliver value to your potential consumers right away, making it easier to convert them into leads later.
6. Enhance your E-A-T
On a related topic, you must also consider E-A-T when it comes to your website and content. The acronym E-A-T stands for “Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness,” according to Google. It’s a metric that Google raters use to assess a website’s quality, and it’s especially important in the context of YMYL pages.
Your material, according to E-A-T, must exhibit actual competence in the subject matter, your organization must be seen as an authority by others, and your information must be reliable.
There’s no easy method to improve your E-A-T score. You must produce high-quality content and establish a solid reputation over time, acquiring vital external links from reputable sources along the way. However, there are a few simple things you can do to boost your chances:
- Make sure your “Contact” and “About Us” sections are comprehensive and informative. This demonstrates responsibility and openness.
- To emphasize your specialists’ professional qualifications, use author pages, author bios, and social media accounts (for example, it helps if your content is produced by a financial advisor with 20+ years of real-world experience).
- To develop trust, solicit honest customer reviews and post them on your website.
- Obtain links to your useful educational content from trusted sites.
7. Conduct a technical SEO audit
When it comes to automated site crawlers, technical SEO mostly pertains to your site’s crawlability and indexability. It’s too big a topic to cover in detail here, but it’s essentially about enhancing your site design to make it easier for search engines and users to find your most important pages.
You can achieve this in a variety of ways, including:
- Make sure your primary pages are indexable (that is, they don’t have a “noindex” tag on them).
- Create an XML sitemap that contains a list of all of your important pages.
- If a page is duplicated elsewhere, use canonical tags to redirect to the “master” version.
- Improve your navigation menu to make it easier to find your most popular content categories.
- Use internal links to guide users between pages that are relevant.
8. Prioritize speed and mobile compatibility
Visitors to websites expect pages to load quickly. As a result, slow websites are bad for user experience and on-site conversions. It’s critical to locate and resolve any slow-loading pages or site-wide issues that prevent content from appearing fast.
Similarly, you must ensure that your website is mobile-friendly. This is because mobile devices now account for more than half of all web traffic. On a mobile network, your site should load quickly, scale well to any screen size, and be simple to browse using touchscreens.
Google considers your site speed and mobile friendliness when ranking your pages because of their value. As a result, concentrating on these two areas is just as important for SEO as it is for the overall user experience.
9. Improve your local search engine optimization
When looking for information or considering a purchase, users frequently look for nearby businesses. As a result, you should focus on local SEO and pick keywords that are specific to your locality. For example, a search for “financial advisers in London” will bring up a London-based investment firm that offers financial advice.
If your organization has locations in several cities, be sure that each location has its own Google My Business profile. This allows you to customize how your company’s information is presented, whose contact details are displayed, and even encourage local customers to leave reviews to help you improve your rating.
10. Monitor and optimize your off-page SEO efforts
Off-page SEO refers to everything that occurs outside of your site but has the potential to influence its search ranking. This is mostly concerned with backlinks from outside sources, but it can also include social media debates about your firm, unlinked brand references, and so on. Off-page SEO elements, unlike your website, are outside your direct control.
However, it’s critical to keep track of any off-page SEO activity and take steps to improve it. If you see your brand mentioned on a site that doesn’t have a link, contact the site owner and request a backlink. After you’ve created your instructive content, you can launch a targeted outreach campaign to obtain relevant backlinks from respected websites in your industry or financial sector.
Financial services SEO KPIs
You should monitor a few key performance indicators (KPIs) to see if your SEO approach is working. These are some of them:
- Which positions do your pages appear in for key search terms identified during keyword research? SEO rank (per page): Which positions do your pages appear in for key search terms found during keyword research?
- How many times are individuals searching for relevant terms actually seeing your pages?
- Organic traffic: How many people find your website through search engines?
- Time on page, pages per session, and bounce rate are examples of engagement metrics (i.e. people leaving your site after seeing just one page)
- Conversions from organic visitors include both hard (buying your service) and soft (subscribing to a newsletter or viewing a “how to” video) conversions.
Rank Higher Online Specializes in Financial Services SEO
Rank Higher Online is a full-service SEO company that specializes in helping businesses in the financial services industry achieve better online visibility and higher search engine rankings. We have over a decade of experience in SEO, and our team of experts knows exactly what it takes to help your business rank higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Get started today with a free SEO site audit and see what’s keeping your business from ranking higher in search!